Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Too disturbed to add to my poem...

I've heard here and there that Bush decided to attack Iraq before he was even President. Apparently this is most likely true as he saw how approval rates rose for Reagan and Bush Sr. during and after the small occupations they directed.

This was taken from CommonDreams.org,

""He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999," said author and journalist Mickey Herskowitz. "It was on his mind. He said to me: 'One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.' And he said, 'My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it.' He said, 'If I have a chance to invade·.if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I'm going to have a successful presidency." Herskowitz said that Bush expressed frustration at a lifetime as an underachiever in the shadow of an accomplished father. In aggressive military action, he saw the opportunity to emerge from his father's shadow. The moment, Herskowitz said, came in the wake of the September 11 attacks. "Suddenly, he's at 91 percent in the polls, and he'd barely crawled out of the bunker."""
According to Herskowitz, George W. Bush's beliefs on Iraq were based in part on a notion dating back to the Reagan White House - ascribed in part to now-vice president Dick Cheney, Chairman of the House Republican Policy Committee under Reagan. "Start a small war. Pick a country where there is justification you can jump on, go ahead and invade." "

Maybe getting oil was his main purpose. Whatever it was, I think he thought he could make himself a big man, and saw 9-11 as his opportunity to do so. Meanwhile, 10's of thousands of innocent people have died to boost his ego. According to his recent approval ratings, the majority of American's have become wise to him though.

Interesting website to check out: http://www.thedebate.org/thede...iraq.asp

And I was hoping my blog would be funny..........

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The quote from the PNAC mission statement that has always stuck with me was that the only way the American public would go along with their goal of pre-emptive war was if we suffered a catastrophic event, similar to Pearl Harbor. For more info on PNAC...

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/pnac.htm

Debo said...

Your link didn't take me to a Bush/Hitler pic.

Anonymous said...

Trying again...

http://xrl.us/bkmn9

Debo said...

I read all about that on LP. There is a rant about it in World Events called Bush (not MY president) something or another about Obama and HItler. You should check it out. While you're at it, check out the "Bush sucks, worst president ever" thread. I'm glad X-san is on my side!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I just read the threads you mentioned on Laughing Place. I am actually surprised that the majority of people are, to varying degrees, anti-Bush. A lot of these people do live in Orange County, the home of the far right wing of the CA Republican Party. I remember a thread there in around 2003 where David and I were criticizing the war and Chimpy, and we were nearly alone. Admittedly, this was when the idiot was at 75% approval. Anyway, I am heartened that so many see through his lies and attempts to scare us. If he has lost the OC (and he has), he is done.

Anonymous said...

I am sure most of you have seen this video

http://xrl.us/bkney


But have you seen this one

http://xrl.us/bknfa


I also really like this one

http://xrl.us/bkne2

Anonymous said...

The Real John McCain...The Straight Talk Express Derailed. Some of you know that I switched party affiliation in 2000 to vote for McCain in the Republican Primary. Partly because the governor of Texas scared me, but mostly because I respected McCain. I wish I knew what happened to that guy, but he is long gone.

http://xrl.us/bkqvn

Anonymous said...

An honorable Republican...who knew there were any left? Or maybe he knows McCain is going to get destroyed.


John McCain’s chief media adviser said Tuesday he is stepping down rather than campaign against Barack Obama.
Mark McKinnon said last year that he would leave McCain’s campaign after the primary season if the Arizona senator were to run against Obama.
The Illinois Senator is not yet officially the Democratic nominee, but he has accumulated a significant lead in the number of delegates required to claim the nomination.
In a 2007 interview with Cox News, McKinnon said he would vote for McCain, but "I just don't want to work against an Obama candidacy." He added that if Obama were to reach the White House, it "would send a great message to the country and the world."

Anonymous said...

I encourage you to watch the entire 7 minute video, but if you don't have time, watch at least the first 2 minutes. This is crazier than anything Rev. Wright has ever said. And Wright has said some crazy stuff. Let's see if the media plays this 24/7 for 2 weeks like they did with Wright. Let's see if McCain rejects and denounces Hagee like Obama did with Wright.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iox_Yq1rsno

Anonymous said...

Link to video with Hagee's entire sermon. About 3 minutes.

http://xrl.us/bkuvn

Anonymous said...

I am speechless. I am without speech. This should offend everyone.

http://xrl.us/bkwnc

Anonymous said...

The Empire Strikes Barack

http://xrl.us/bkxst

Anonymous said...

This picture scares me. It scares me so much. I am trying to figure it out...I think the eyes and mouth are Chimpy, the rest of it McCain.

http://xrl.us/bmez3

Anonymous said...

Well, it's finally over. Montana and South Dakota are the last 2 primaries. And Obama is the nominee.

I always supported Obama and some of you supported Hillary, but it's time to unite and do everything you can to stop a 3rd Bush term. The dream of a woman president is not going to happen this year. This is about a different dream. An important dream. The dream of Frederick Douglass; the dream of Harriet Tubman; the dream of Martin Luther King; and yes, the dream of a boy named Barack Obama.

Today, we are one step closer to realizing those dreams. And for that, I am proud. Very, very proud.

There are some who are still frustrated and angry. They insist upon laying blame and calling names. They say that Hillary was robbed and they will never vote for Obama. Today, more than any other day, they should be ignored. They are not part of the solution.

Congratulations, Senator Obama.

And congratulations, America.

In just 5 months, we will really have something to celebrate.

Debo said...

I think the nose is Bush too.